Our Warranty


Congratulations and welcome to the family! You are now the proud new owner of a Dilworth home. Dilworth Homes is licensed by the Homeowner Protection Office (HPO) which provides the “2/5/10” warranty for your new home.

“2/5/10” Warranty

The Act outlines specific details about the mandatory warranty commonly
referred to as a “2/5/10” warranty. We believe it is the most comprehensive third party warranty available in North America.

By law, builders must provide a third party warranty covering the following:

2-Year Materials & Labour Warranty

First 12 months—coverage for any defect in materials and labour
First 15 months—coverage for any defects in materials and labour in thecommon property of a multi-unit building
First 24 months—coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning delivery and distribution systems. In addition, coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the exterior cladding, windows and doors that may lead to detachment or material damage to the new home.

5-Year Building Envelope Warranty

10-Year Structural Defects Warranty

About Travelers Canada

Travelers Insurance Company of Canada and St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company of Canada are the Canadian licensed insurers known as Travelers Canada. Travelers Canada thoroughly reviews all builder applicants, examining their track record, technical expertise, financial capacity and after sales customer service. Not every applicant qualifies. Only those builders who meet stringent underwriting criteria, construct quality homes that conform to the Building Code, and carry out timely after sales service, are able to provide warranty coverage from Travelers Canada. All new construction is subject to review by Travelers Canada staff or third parties, and there is a thorough annual review of builder performance issues as a condition of the builder maintaining their registration.

Home Warranty Documentation

Approved builders are responsible for having their new home buyers sign and date a Warranty Commencement Date Certificate at the time of either title transfer or the actual occupancy of the home (whichever is earlier). Upon receipt of this completed certificate from the builder, St. Paul Guarantee issues the owner a Home Warranty Coverage Certificate. Be sure to read this document carefully and keep it in a safe place. It explains warranty coverage and the process for reporting defects in your home or common property. Upon review, if you have questions or require clarification, please contact Travelers Canada.

Contact Information

Homeowner Protection Office

The Homeowner Protection Office (HPO) is a branch of BC Housing, a provincial Crown agency under the Ministry of Natural Gas Development. Minister Rich Coleman is the Deputy Premier and the Minister of Natural Gas Development and Minister Responsible for Housing.

Tel: 604-646-7050


Service Request

© 2017 Dilworth Quality Homes Inc. All Rights Reserved.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.